Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Easter Updo (French Twist)




This is a true french twist- honestly this hairstyle is a bit mature for my 3 year old, but would be very cute on a tween or even a mommy!
 Comb the wet hair straight back and hold as if you are going to do a low ponytail...then begin to twist it around and start twisting it upward. 
I had a little trouble getting a clear picture, but if you just play with your dd's hair- you'll figure it out most likely.  Once you have it twisted tightly as seen below- start at the bottom and begin to secure well with bobby pins.  (I found small ones in a travel tin at Sallys- they are perfect for Savannah's hair!)
Once you reach the top, you have the option of tucking the remaining hair into the twist...I've done this on Wed. nights when I'm in a rush for church & have dirty hair- it's a great quickie do once you master it.


We had started with pomeade and curl sculpting gel..then we curled, fluffed, and sprayed.


You may notice I had to redo her twist and make it a lot higher since Savannah's hair is shorter.  This way we had something to curl!

Isn't she gorgeous??? Enjoy- I hope this is helpful!

2 comments:

  1. i love this hair do!!! im going to use it for my 8th grade dance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous- hope it works well for you! Be sure and try it before the dance!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete